READ TIME – 5 MINUTES
Excited to progress your career to the next level? You’re in luck, because we’ve got you covered with a few simple steps to help you achieve that much-deserved career advancement. Let’s get started!
Career progression is more than just promotions and salary increases. Advancement can also involve taking greater responsibility within the same role, transitioning to a new industry or developing one’s skillset.
Moving up the ladder brings a sense of fulfilment because you’re stepping up to new challenges. Plus, it shows that you can adapt to changing situations and handle more responsibilities, two traits that employers highly value. Career advancements should be a shared goal between yourself and your employer and you should be provided with the relevant support to achieve it.
Develop Your Organisational Skills
Improving your organisational skills is an integral part of taking your career to the next level. Being organised means you can work more efficiently, keep track of your tasks and handle expectations with ease. But, where do you begin?
A great starting point for achieving career advancements is setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound goals. Begin by considering what you want from your career both now and in the future. An example of a SMART goal could be:
“Gain 500 new Instagram followers by the end of the year. This can be achieved through engaging with a target audience, social media advertisements, and consistent posting.”
Once you’ve got your goals sorted, it’s time to start putting a plan in place to make them happen. Goals are like the fuel that drives your plan, so combining goals with a plan is the secret to success. If you want to take your career to the next level, you’ll need to figure out which organisational skills you need to acquire or improve to get there. It’s all about identifying the steps you need to take to reach that end goal and make your dreams a reality.
To progress your career, you’re going to have to be proactive! You can’t rely on luck to progress your career! You must take a logical, proactive approach to achieving career progression.
Some proven approaches are:
- Get involved in your industry – Networking is a brilliant way to get started with this! There are a whole host of ways you can network and explore, with a popular option being LinkedIn. Networking will present career opportunities, create professional relationships and keep you up to date on industry news and trends. Building your expertise in your industry can build trust and respect from colleagues and shape your career advancements
- Seek further training or education – Educational courses can be the perfect way to refresh or learn the skills you need to progress your career. Online courses are unique because you can juggle them alongside the commitment to your job.
- Openly Communicate with managers – Your manager and workplace leaders should be on the same level as you and understand your career trajectory, this way they can provide you with ample support. Discussing progression opportunities can open more paths than you may have been aware of.
- Ask for feedback – Feedback is a superb way to improve on your weaknesses. Asking for regular feedback will highlight your desire to improve and enhance your work.
- Embrace changes and seek challenges – Stepping outside your comfort zone is a brilliant way to boost your career progression. You should proactively be seeking challenges that showcase your potential! Alternatively, creating your own challenges and showing initiative will gain you visibility within the company and valuable experience supporting your career goals.
Find The Right Career
Choosing the right position can be a tough decision. With so many factors surrounding your decision, finding one that ticks all boxes can take a lot of time. Nevertheless, it’s important to find a position that offers exactly what you want.
When it comes to climbing the career ladder, it’s important to keep your eyes on the prize – job satisfaction. After all, if you’re not happy with your career, it’s going to be a long and difficult journey to the top. Choosing a job that you’re passionate about is key, as it will give you the motivation you need to keep striving towards your goals. And of course, you’ll want to make sure that your chosen position offers plenty of opportunities for growth and progression. So, take your time and choose wisely – your future self will thank you! An amazing 76% of employees desire a career that prioritises career progression.
Looking for the ideal career can be quite a challenge, but don’t worry as we are here to lend a helping hand! Our current job openings boast some amazing perks, including top-notch benefits and clear paths for career advancement. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get you started on the path to success!