Location: Hartford, Northwich
Salary: Up to £16-per-hour dependent on experience
A busy family are looking for a Private Housekeeper to care for their beautiful home in the Cheshire suburbs – could you use your experience to help them?
A busy family of four, plus two much loved Chihuahuas, are looking for an experienced Private Housekeeper to join them and support the day-to-day runnings of the house.
As co-owners of a successful business based locally in Northwich, the couple live a demanding lifestyle and therefore would like to ensure that their spare time outside of work is spent with their two young children, aged 6 and 1.
You’ll also be working closely with their Nanny, who has been with the family for 6 years, to allow her to focus on the children whilst you manage the house.
This role is 25 hours per week Monday-Friday, however, for the right person this can be more or less.
- You will be responsible for the general upkeep of the household and ensure it is always presentable; including but not limited to loading and unloading the dishwasher, wiping surfaces, putting toys away.
- Whilst the family does have a Cleaner once a week, an occasional light tidy and clean would be greatly appreciated.
- General laundry, ironing and putting clothes away for all family members.
- Preparing meals for the family; including food for the parents to eat once home from the office and supporting the Nanny with batch cooking for the children.
- Food shopping for the family in required; ensuring items are topped up and stocked in cupboards, whilst discarding out-of-date food.
- Running local errands when needed.
- Although dog walking is carried out by the family most days, the occasional dog walk would be greatly appreciated when the parent’s schedule is more demanding.
- The Nanny will carry out babysitting duties for the 6 and 1-year-olds, but occasional babysitting would be gratefully appreciated, if over time, House Keeper forms a bond with the children to support the Nanny.
What We’re Looking For:
- Up-to-date DBS Certificate.
- Full and clean UK driving licence.
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role is most desirable.
- A flexible approach to working and willing to adapt to tasks.
- Speak a good level of English to communicate with the family.
- A warm and positive attitude.
- And of course, a lover of dogs!
Applicants with experience in roles such as Domestic Assistant, Domestic Cleaner, Domestic Housekeeper, Caretaker, Housekeeping Specialist, Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor will all be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@ava-v.com